Information For Authors
Currently accepting submissions for our next issue until July 1, 2022.
The latest issue’s (January 2022) acceptance rate was 38%. The blind review and editorial decision process typically takes about 8-12 weeks. Submit your manuscripts online here.
Please prepare two files: a blinded manuscript and a cover
letter. Blinded manuscripts must include:
- include the title of the work;
- follow APA (7th edition) formatting guidelines;
- be between 2,000 and 6,000 words, not including references;
- include an abstract of 250 words or less (research submissions);
- have all references to author(s) removed for blind review;
- have tables and figures embedded in the manuscript.
Cover letter should include:
- the title of your submission;
- the name and affiliation (as you would have them published) and email of the first author;
- the name, affiiliation, preferred email, photograph, and a 100-200 word bio for all co-authors, listed in preferred order.
TJLE is proud to be an open access journal. All copyright remains with the author/s.
The Texas Journal of Literacy Education is the official journal of the Texas Association for Literacy Education (TALE), the Texas affiliate of the International Literacy Association.