TJLE Call for Editors
The Texas Journal of Literacy Education (TJLE) is seeking a new editor or editorial team to begin a three-year term in October 2021. TJLE is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes original research and practical articles that are related to literacy education. The editor (or co-editors) of TJLE is appointed by the Texas Association of Literacy Education Board of Directors.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience in conducting and writing research, sufficient to enable the individual/s to solicit and select research that will result in a high-quality publication that addresses the interest of the readership
- Prior editorial experience (extensive work on review boards could suffice) and the ability to assess content, quality of research design, grammar, and style and to work with authors to ensure TJLE content meets high editorial standards
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Experience in teaching and literacy education
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the refereeing process. Read submitted manuscripts and reject papers that are clearly outside of the scope or quality expectations of the journal. Send manuscripts within the scope to at least two reviewers.
- Recruit qualified reviewers to the editorial board.
- Correspond in a timely manner with all contributors regarding acceptance, revision, or rejection of manuscripts.
- Supervise the editing of manuscripts according to APA Style (including rewriting, reorganizing, validating information in content, etc.).
- Promote the journal at related conferences.
- Collaborate with TALE to aggressively encourage the submission of high-quality content according to current issues and interests in the field and maintain and develop positive relationships with authors and potential authors.
- Answer questions and inquiries about the journal.
- Perform other relevant duties as needed.
Application Instructions: TALE will consider editorial teams or a sole editor. Please send a cover letter describing how the applicant’s or applicant team’s skills and experience meet the requirements for the position, along with a current curriculum vita for each applicant. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.